It is always fun to spend quality time with friends, whether it’s your family pal, colleague, college buddy or a school mate. So apart from hanging out with them at cafeterias and shopping malls, why not go for a short weekend trip together? There are many people who organise short vacations with their friends, and gather indelible & happy memories. If you have not went for a vacation trip with your friends yet, then start preparing for one soon. Since you will be planning such a thing for the first time ever, we have provided some useful tips that you can consider to make the trip successful –
1. Select a destination and date
– If you have a group of 5 or more friends, then you must start to plan the trip a bit earlier. The first and foremost thing that you need to do is choose a destination. Since it is going to be a short weekend trip, you can opt for a local place that may require one or two days of travelling. For instance, if you are residing near South Queensland, then you can choose the beautiful holiday destination of Hervey Bay. The place is an ideal spot to spend fun and quality time with friends. Next comes choosing an appropriate date for the trip. Ask all your friends whether they are free on your preferred day or not. If not, change the date accordingly. Make sure all your mates are comfortable with the chosen date.
– Most people have a tendency of not booking accommodation in advance while planning a holiday trip. Rather, they go for instant booking. However, it is recommended to avoid searching for accommodation after reaching the destination. You should book your rooms in advance in order to have a hassle free trip. Select the type of accommodation you want to stay at before you set off. Lodge or resort accommodation can be ideal for a trip with friends.
3. Plan some group activities
– As it’s going to be all about travelling with friends, incorporating some interesting and interactive group activities in the trip is a must. There are numerous group activities that you can arrange keeping in mind your group’s interests. For instance, you can have a volley ball competition at the beach. Also, you can plan indoor activities such as solving puzzles, playing chess and cards, etc.
So what are you waiting for? Gear up for a lovely trip with your friends.